5 Ways to Help You Eat Consciously!
Do you inhale your food? Do you finish what you’re eating and don’t even remember what it tasted like? Does it feel like you have a rock in your stomach after eating?
Conscious eating is a way to help you avoid overeating or indigestion and even help you lose a few pounds!
We’ve all been there, a 30 minute lunch break or starving in the middle of the afternoon because we haven’t eaten all day. There are times we have to eat fast. But here’s the problem, you’re not giving your stomach enough time to digest! So you get indigestion or even worse, over-eat!
When I had a short meal time at my corporate job I usually ate something high in calories that I could scarf down. Most of the time it had very little nutritional value and would give me an afternoon slump because of how heavy it was. But after taking these steps I’ve listed for you below, I no longer have indigestion or an afternoon slump.
Here are 5 ways to help you eat consciously!
- Be sure to completely finish what you’re chewing before taking another bite.
- Between each bite, take a deep breath and feel your stomach’s fullness level.
- Give yourself enough time to eat, whether it’s at that moment or throughout the day.
- Drink water while you eat; this will help you feel full faster.
- You should know what you’re putting in your body. Bring awareness to your meal. Actually check out the ingredients - is it healthy and nutrient packed?
I challenge you to try just one of these steps for your next meal. I’d love to hear how it went! In the meantime, buy Shroomeats to help you bring a sandwich on-the-go so you know what you’re putting in your body and will give you energy throughout the day.
With much love and support,
Chief Marketing Officer at Friendly Foods Intl