Join us as we honor International Day of Climate Action on October 24, 2022. Eat Shroomeats® as your action to help reduce the climate crisis.
It is amazing how quickly I can get caught up in my day-to-day living that I often forget to stop, breathe, and take in our beautiful world.
Just like you, I’m a steward of our planet. When I remember to press pause, I take a moment to reevaluate how my impact can do more for our future.
Here are 5 ways you can help make a big impact with small changes in your everyday life.
1. Water Conscious Landscaping: Ditch the pesticide fed grass for pebble or river rocks and plant native grasses and pollinating flowers for curb appeal. It requires less water and maintenance. You’ll save on your landscaper costs, too!
2. Group Your Errands: If you require a car to do errands, try bundling errands by shopping in areas where you can park in one spot to minimize your driving. Lifestyle centers often have supermarkets, clothing stores, and big box stores all in one location. Save gas and get your 10,000 steps.
3. Reduce Your Use: Choose to reuse what you have rather than purchase new with a goal of reducing your total consumption of goods. Thoughtful purchases, upcycling, and donating will reduce your contribution to your local landfill.
4. Shop Sustainably: What we think is getting recycled, like plastic bottles and containers, is often dumped, burned, or shipped away instead. Look for zero waste alternatives, such as solid laundry detergent sheets that come in compostable paper packages and bamboo toothbrushes that are biodegradable.
I challenge you to try just one of these steps. The easiest will be to buy Shroomeats to honor International Day of Climate Action. When you’re ready, try another one. If these tips work, I’d love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Eat Low On The Food Chain: Cows+Methane= Greenhouse Gasses. As a plant-based meat alternative company, eating more veggies is our mantra. Save the planet, eat Shroomeats®.